1) It's FALL! Today anyway, as tomorrow is forecasted to be a 83 degree day. But today, there's a crisp feeling in the air, the leaves are falling, and Anderson and I required JACKETS when we went strolling today. And I have on SOCKS!
2) Mary Kate and Ashley are on Oprah. And I'm excited. Because I'm a colossal nerd, I guess. I hope Mary Kate shows up looking like she's showered recently, not like a homeless bag lady.
3) In about a week, the majority of our very favorite people are ALL coming to Austin! A is being baptized November 2, and since he is one popular boy, he has alllll the following coming to see him: two sets of grandparents, an auntie and her boyfriend, an uncle and his girlfriend, AND his very special godmother and godfather...and two turtledoves and a partridge. But no pear tree. Anyway, we are super excited to have so many of our loved ones together in one place to celebrate A's christening. And since most of these loved ones are flying in on Halloween night (on 7 seperate flights from all over the US), A will get lots of use out of his superbly adorable Halloween costume. He will be the cutest little barnyard cow in the world. Or at least at Austin Bergstrom International Airport.
4) I'm brunette again! Photos to follow on a day when I am properly made up, not that anyone cares since it's all about A..... But I love my new natural, fall shade.
5) A's smile. Can you tell we are OBSESSED with him smiling? He's all about practicing his new trick, and will respond to any happy, cooing voice with a big crooked grin. During his middle of the night feeding, he spit his bottle out at one point and when I started talking to him, by the light of our nightlight I saw him smile the biggest goofy smile. And I cried. Who knew how happy a toothless smile could make a person at 2am?
6) The following snapshots from our walk today......
"Yaaaay! A walk! I'm sooo excited!"
"That walk was hard work."