1) Mister A surviving his shots. Scratch that, he took 'em like a champ. He screamed his little lungs out with each poke, but before the nurse had applied his third and final camouflage band aid, he was calm and breaking out the smile. He's weighing in at a very porky 14lb, 4oz and in the 95th % for both weight and head size. We weren't surprised by his impressive weight gain. The kid eats like a champ, and his only fussy spells are because someone isn't getting a bottle to his mouth fast enough for His Highness' liking.
2) Filling my SUV's empty gas tank for $28. $28! Now if only formula prices would follow the lead of gas prices, we'd have enough cash left over at the end of the month for a week in Maui!
3) A heartfelt note from a friend who will always hold a special place in my heart, both for her sincere and kind nature, and our joint survival of the houseboat adventure.
4) A's very first play date on the books for tomorrow. He's been warned that he better play nice and not try to eat the other children.
5) Looking back at my former blog's entries from this time one year ago, and realizing how far I've come. How lucky, how happy, how blessed I am. How strong I became by just waking, breathing, moving through the motions each day knowing some way, some how, it had to get better. It got more than better, and it's sweeter than I'd never let myself imagine life (and motherhood) could be.
9 hours ago