1) Walking into A's bedroom at the end of his morning nap and finding this. No fussing, no screaming to be picked up right this very minute, just a little (one-naked-legged) bit of sunshine.
2) Knowing your dear sister will be on a plane to your fair city in less than 48 hours. And knowing you'll enjoy that dear sister's visit SO much you may duct tape the guest room door shut. With her inside.
3) Searching high and low for a like minded mommy friend and finding one who is fun and cool and has adorable children just as sweet as can be, and who is also geographically located so nearby that you could throw a rock and hit her house. (Not that I would, I'm just sayin', she's close.) Then having that friend offer up baby sitting trading services? Sold!
4) 85 degree February days so sunny and balmy that you want to take out the bikini and go for a swim. I mean, IF you would actually consider putting on a bikini (which I wouldn't) and IF you actually had a pool (which I don't).
5) Jonathan. He's just fantastic all around- as a sweet husband, as a sweet dad, as the good natured and generous guy who doesn't think twice about forfeiting the last scoop of Ben & Jerry's even when his wife is supposedly trying to lose those last pounds of baby weight. That's love.