1) slept until 8:34am.
2) showered for what felt like a (hot, steamy, rejuvenating) hour though it was probably only ten minutes but that happens to be about 9.5 minutes longer than I usually get to shower (with a toddler opening and closing and opening the shower door while his almost-toddler sibling sits on the floor and screams/eats my hair ties/sucks on the top of a can of mousse). Then I dried my hair fully (with nobody unplugging the blow dryer over and over again), then applied makeup (without a toddler "helping" with my "mupup". Read: snatching my eyeliner and drawing all over his face because ONCE on Halloween I used eyeliner to draw whiskers on his face so that MUST mean "mupup" is meant to be used for scribbling all over his face every single day, right?)
3) went to the grocery store ALONE. No cart cover straps to negotiate, no sippy cups to pick up when tossed from the cart (ten times), and if there's a (smushed up, regurgitated) Goldfish trail winding through the grocery store aisles, it's so not from my kids. (For once.) Hollah!
4) strolled leisurely through a floral/gift/home decor shop FULL of breakable items at toddler eye level. You know, the type of store I don't go within 25 feet of with my children in tow because, well, I don't want to buy half the damn shop when my kids destroy it item by fragile item. And even if I did want to, my doublewide stroller wouldn't exactly stroll on through. But today, solo, I took my time and gathered fun new floral branches to get me through the decor-season lag that falls between after-Christmas and early-spring. You know, the one that happens when you take down the Christmas stuff but can't quite yet bring out the spring stuff, what with the snow and ice and such but your house looks naked so you need something? Yeah, I found some branches and florals to help out with that. And some picture frames and a candle, for good measure.
5) totally rocked out to old school Christina in my car on the way home. I was doing my genie moves, people! They were HOT! They probably weren't, and it probably looked a whole lot like there was a grown woman having a seizure in the seat of her mommymobile. But in my head? 19, blonder than blonde, at a frat party with my girls.
6) ate a pile of chicken tacos while hanging out with some fun people while watching my football team stomp all over the other football team in tonight's playoff game. Okay, so this last part is a little premature in that it hasn't quite happened just yet, but GO PACK GO!