Things That Are Awesome:
1) having children who can not yet tell time. Actually, I'm NEVER going to teach them to tell time, and I'm going to keep them home from school on the day where they teach time telling. Because tonight? When J was working late and 6:45pm hit and I was just totally done-zo with the bickering and the shrieking? It was seriously awesome to be able to look at the
2) the crock pot roast beef we had for dinner tonight. You guys. SO GOOD. It was super simple, too. 3 pound roast, some veggies (we just do carrots and potatoes in this house), water, and one packet of each of the following: brown gravy mix, ranch dressing mix, italian dressing mix. EXCEPT, do not use all of that, or you'll die of sodium OD (if, indeed, you can die of that?) I mixed the packets all together, rubbed 1/3 all over my hunk of raw meat (gag, gag, gag), then sprinkled another 1/3 over the roast and veggies once I had them assembled in my pot. I let it cook on low for about 9 hours and I tell you what, it was scrumptious. My kids even ate their carrots, which is miraculous. It was so good I might be eating a second helping right this very second.
3) catching this grin on Bug's face at tubby time tonight. I mean, come on, cutest face ever.
4) my friends. They're very great. And my family, too, but duh.
5) this thing. Did you see it already? Did you die laughing like I did? I've said "where are your SHOES?!" probably eleven hundred times so far this year. One time, we got to the grocery store, and Anderson straight up had NO SHOES. It's winter in the tundra, yall. Barefoot wasn't a classy look, but hello, we were already THERE.